- Better Business Bureau
BBB’s mission is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust. BBB accomplishes this mission by:
- Creating a community of trustworthy businesses
- Setting standards for marketplace trust
- Encouraging and supporting best practices
- Celebrating marketplace role models, and;
- Denouncing substandard marketplace behavior
eBay is The World’s Online Marketplace, enabling trade on a local, national and international basis.
With a diverse and passionate community of individuals and small businesses, eBay offers an online platform where millions of items are traded each day.
- Small Business Administration
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953 as an independent agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation. We recognize that small business is critical to our economic recovery and strength, to building America’s future, and to helping the United States compete in today’s global marketplace.
- U.S. Postal Service
USPS home page providing access to services, products, employment opportunities, and general agency information.
- National Flea Market Association
The National Flea Market Association’s objectives are:
- To serve the public interest and to benefit the flea market industry by fostering high standards of business conduct which merits public trust;
- To disseminate information helpful to the flea market industry and to facilitate the exchange of ideas among members;
- To sustain a friendly and cooperative relationship among the flea market industry and the agencies with whom they do business;
- To investigate, endorse, and inform the membership of specific services, programs, and products related to the industry;
- To present information to the public and to governmental agencies that will help them to understand the role of the flea market in the economy
- To encourage legislation and regulations constructive to the industry and to discourage legislation and regulations destructive to both consumers and small businessmen engaged in the flea market industry
- To support the association’s Code of Professional Ethics.
- Electronic Retailers Association
The Mission: The mission of the Electronic Retailing Association is to foster growth, development and acceptance of the rapidly growing direct response industry worldwide for the companies who use the power of electronic media to sell goods and services to the public.
The Vision: ERA is the trade association that represents the leaders of direct response, members who maximize revenues through electronic retailing on television, online and on radio. ERA strives to protect the regulatory and legislative climate of direct response while ensuring a favorable landscape that enhances e-retailers’ ability to bring quality products and services to the consumer.
- Small Business Mentors (SCORE)
Get free, confidential business advice from a business expert via email.
- Government Economic Data
This Overview describes Census Bureau programs that provide statistics about U.S. businesses and governments. Each description includes links to data products, related programs and additional information. “Programs” are major data collection, business list and research data operations, including some funded by other agencies or sponsors. All active programs are included along with discontinued programs of continuing interest. Links are provided to electronic data elsewhere at this site. Descriptions have recently been revised for programs marked with *.
- National Terror Alert
NationalTerrorAlert.com is a private homeland security blog and not affiliated with any government agency. They archive and comment on homeland security related news items from a variety of news sources and tips, as well as provide immediate updates on breaking stories, bulletins and any change in status to Homeland Security advisory. National Terror Alert has become America's leading source for homeland security news and information. A collaborative resource of news and analysis related to homeland security events, threats and trends.
The National Terror Alert Response Network promotes homeland security emergency preparedness through awareness, education, community involvement and partnerships between individuals, groups and organizations.
- Currency Converters:
The use of overseas suppliers has made having a better understanding of foriegn currency a key element of small business success.Now that the weak dollar makes Europe an increasingly attractive market to U.S. distributors it is useful to have a currency converter handy. Here are a couple of good free ones.